Thursday, June 30, 2011

NGB guest blog chronicles our summer intensive

“We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.”  ~Japanese Proverb

Hi everyone, I’m Amber Shriver, a dancer at the Next Generation Ballet (NGB) Summer Intensive and I’m going to be guest blogging until August. I am 20 years old and from Washington D.C.

At home, I take daily ballet classes at the Maryland Youth Ballet and the Washington Ballet.  I am also a junior at University of Maryland, College Park where I am majoring in business. In my spare time, I serve as the artistic director for Connect the Dots Ballet Company, a non-profit ballet company in D.C., which performs at local hospitals and preschools.

I'm very excited to be given the opportunity to train with Peter Stark this summer and to be part of NGB’s first 5-week summer intensive.
In addition to dancing six hours a day with classes in Ballet, Pointe, Variations and Modern this summer, I am also working as a Resident Assistant (RA) and a marketing intern for the Patel Conservatory. Although I am going to miss my family a lot (I have 4 brothers and sisters who are still living at home in Maryland), I am super excited to both improve my technique and to learn more about the business aspect of dance this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment