Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Meet the Cast: Music Man Jr.

by Paige Strott, Patel Conservatory Marketing Intern

The Music Man Jr. opens this week, and it's sure to be a stellar performance by Patel Conservatory Theater students.

Natalie Cottrill, 13, plays the lead female role, Marian Pavoo. Natalie takes Musical Theater classes at the Conservatory and she’s a member of the Junior Choir. 

"When I was 9 years old I started acting and it completely brought me out of my shell," said Natalie.

This is her first production at the Conservatory.

"Ever since I started musical theater I have had so many opportunities that I am grateful for," she said.

Preston Barber, from Seminole, plays Mr. Shinn, the mayor of River City, Iowa.

“This is the first time I’ve had to be a mean person, it was a different change of pace. I had to adapt,” said Preston.

A student at Osceola Fundamental High School, Preston, 14, is trying something new both with his role and at the Conservatory. A longtime ballet student who has been in The Nutcracker, this is Preston’s first year in musical theater and junior choir.

"I love it! It's a lot of fun," said Preston.

Hannah Anton, 12, plays Winthrop in The Music Man.

It's not her first time playing a male role.

"I've had to play a boy a lot, I guess because I'm really short, and I have a low voice," said Hannah. 

She is from South Tampa and attends Wilson Middle School. Hannah has been with the Patel Conservatory Theater for three years, and she's also taken dance and violin classes here.

Hannah says that being part of the shows at the Patel Conservatory is like family.

Join these members of The Music Man Jr. cast and many more from Apr. 11 through Apr. 20, 2013 in the TECO Theater!

For tickets, click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment